Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Old But Gets Good Mileage

The challenge I gave myself was to run 1000 miles from my 44th birthday to my 45th. Well, 45 is now here and the results are in. Did I meet my goal? Not quite. But in retrospect, I'm glad to have set a goal even if it slipped away. It was a tough year, with the worst winter in 20 years (I do run outside in Chicago, after all) and numerous family deaths & illnesses, but I persisted.

With my 875 miles in the past year, I've exceeded anything I ever thought possible. And now that I'm solidly middle-aged? Well...the attempt for 1000 miles begins again today (with my brand new birthday present Garmin 405 GPS running watch.)

Layout & Design (c) 2008 Ann Hetzel Gunkel. Digital supplies at Scrap Girls.

3 comments:

Some guy named John said...

First, let me say happy birthday!

Sometimes I think it's the goals we don't quite achieve that teach us the most. Good luck on getting your 1,000 miles in the coming year.

By the way: I just stumbled on your blog while Googling for a quote by John Bingham (of all things!), and I've enjoyed reading some of your older posts, too.

The Gunkel Family said...

Thanks so much for your post. I appreciate your comments,

Ann

The Gunkel Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.