Friday, May 18, 2007

Goal Post

This is the Goal Post. I reached that elusive and seemingly surreal destination of my goal weight this past week. On Mother's Day, I hit the 50 pounds + lost mark. And finally, one school year later after joining WW, I achieved my milestone at Weight Watchers: hitting below my goal weight [52+ pounds lost.] I jumped up and down at the scale like a little kid, not quite sure that something so surreal was really happening to plus-size (no more) me. It was a major moment on the road to fitness. For the first time, the scale, my BMI, and my physician all agreed--I was neither obese nor overweight. That's a major life change. And a lot to absorb. The continuing challenges of maintenance will be forthcoming. But for now, I'm just basking in being a victorious road warrior.

Stats:
Total: -52 pounds lost
10 sizes & 24 inches less
Starting BMI: >33 Now: 24.8

Graphics: LO Design (c) 2007 Ann Hetzel Gunkel / Digital Products: Cherish Collection by Erica Hite at ScrapGirls; Fonts: Carvnivale Freakshow & Porcelain

No comments: