Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Eating to Run: One-derful, Wonderful Brownies

Healthy brownies? For those of us who love chocolate and who love sweets, this is a dream come true. I hesitate to post what seems like a product promotion, but on the other hand, one of the wonderful things about Weight Watchers is that we share discoveries and tips for menus, foods, and treats. And I'm glad to support positive entrepreneurs. So here goes.

I really respect folks whose business model is based on selling wholesome products that aren't poison. The folks at Vitalicious create snacks for people who care about what they eat. They are high in fiber, vitamins and nutrients. They aren't filled with chemicals and junk. And certainly no trans fats. I order the VitaTops (muffins) online by the case and freeze 'em.

I now enjoy their brownie baking mix. Its easy and ready in 25 minutes. I add some crushed pistachios to the top and I'm adding healthy fats and great taste. Best of all, each brownie, no kidding, is just one point (1 PT!) on Weight Watchers Flex Plan. I believe in spending my money to support decent small businesses rather than the corporate junk-marketers of "low fat" or "snack well" poison. So I order these products online from Greenwich Village-based Vitalicious and they show up at our front door ready to mix, freeze or serve.

As a runner and a mom, I'm loving that this Vitalicious Brownie Mix has added fun and fiber to our house. Best of all, they've passed the five-year-old-boy test. So enjoy! Eat healthy and love your brownies.

Layout Design (c) 2007 Ann Hetzel Gunkel / Photo: David Gunkel; Digital Supplies: Thao Cosgrove's Friendship Collection at Scrap Girls

No comments: